Studies show that older people tend to be more comfortable if they remain in their homes as they age and these homes do and will need care. Truro Renovations can lighten your home maintenance challenges. We will appraise your needs, assess the problem area and give you a fair quote. When you need assistance we can be there for you, to have someone come and do a countertop repair, fix a door handle or de-clog drains.
Larger companies often are not interested in smaller jobs and their prices can be out of reach for many seniors. We offer retrofitting, renovations and utility installations at reasonable rates. The types of modifications that will enable you to stay in your home and in your community with family and friends. No job is too small to warrant our professional attention.
Nova Scotia Housing has financial assistance availalbe for seniors, see the links below.
The Senior Citizens Assistance Program
If you are a Nova Scotian senior and would like to stay in your home but can't afford the necessary repairs to roofing, plumbing, or heating, Housing Nova Scotia is ready to give you a grant of up to $6,500 to cover these costs.
Home Adaptations for Seniors' Independence
As we age, sometimes we need to make modifications to our homes to make it easier to retain our independence. Housing Nova Scotia wants to help you achieve that, so they will give grants of up to $3,500 to eligible seniors to help make the necessary modifications so long as you agree to remain in your home for at least another 6 months after the project is completed.
- Custom finish carpentry
- Build or modify wheelchair ramps
- Tub to shower conversions
- Replace door knobs with lever handles
- Widen doorways for easier wheelchair access
- Touch up painting
- Drywall and plaster patching/repairs
- Caulking/grouting for kitchens & bathrooms
- Deck repair & maintenance
- Counter top installlation/repair
- Cabinet/Shelving installation/repair
- Roofing repair
- Siding repair
- Gutter & downspout repair
- Fence installation & repair
- Powerwashing decks & fences
- Install security locks/security lighting
- Smoke detectors installed
- Faucets, drains & toilets replaced/repaired
Where We Can Help
- Remodel/renovate living space layouts
- Grab bar installation
- Countertop height remodeling
- Fixed or portable accessibility ramp installation
- Shower seat installation
- Walk-in tub installation
- Shelving installation
- Anti-slip flooring installation
- Motion-sensor lighting installation
- Door-widening (offset) hinge installation
- Stairlift installation
- Caregiver camera installation